Physicians Call on Health Canada
- 0 Comments
Physicians Call on Health Canada to provide:
- Wireless safety standards that are more protective of the health of Canadians; and
- Guidelines and resources to assist Canadian physicians in assessing and managing health problems related to microwave radiation.
There is considerable evidence and research from various scientific experts that exposure to microwave radiation from wireless devices, Wi-Fi, smart meters and cell towers can have an adverse impact on human physiological function.1,2 Many recent and emerging studies from university departments and scientific sources throughout the world support the assertion that energy from wireless devices may be causatively linked to various health problems including reproductive compromise, developmental impacts, hormonal dysregulation and cancer. In fact, in 2011 the World Health Organization listed microwave radiation as a Class 2B possible carcinogen 3 and subsequent research strengthened the evidence that a stronger designation may be justified.4,5,6
Out of sincere concern for the health of Canadians at all stages of life – from the developing fetus through childhood and into adulthood – we respectfully request that:
- Health Canada develop and support strategies to raise awareness about microwave radiation impacts and to minimize prolonged exposure to microwave radiation in schools and other places where children are regularly exposed.
- As Health Canada has acknowledged that a full literature review was not part of its latest update of Safety Code 6 (the safety guideline for wireless exposure pertaining to thermal effects on the tissue of adult males) we request a comprehensive literature review for all age ranges with less reliance on industry-funded studies.
- Health Canada provide guidelines and resources to assist Canadian physicians in becoming apprised of microwave exposure and related health problems and clinical presentations that may be associated with over-exposure or sensitivity (similar to the 2012, “Guideline of the Austrian Medical Association for the diagnosis and treatment of EMF related health problems and illnesses.”) (Note, this guideline is under review with an update expected.)
Please download the document below and submit by fax #905 847 2775 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As we will submit all signatories who respond prior to July 9, 2014 for presentation, early response by July 7 would be appreciated.